Listen to the Podcast:
Subscribe to the Y Travel Podcast and LEAVE A REVIEW
Show Notes: About Kerwin Mckenzie
Fellow travel lover, travel blogger, ex-airline worker, and
plane enthusiast. He’s traveled to 125 countries and flown on 180
Kerwin knows all there is to know about flights and current
travel restrictions. As I mentioned, I can’t even keep up with
what’s in my kitchen cupboard to know what to cook for dinner
Kerwin knows an incredible amount about the airline industry –
more than anyone I have ever met. He has years of experience AND
has built a fascinating life around his passion for planes.
So we bring on the experts to help you.
Mostly, Kerwin is one of the warmest, friendliest, most joyful
people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. I love catching up with
him a couple of times a year at conferences.
- What led Kerwin to be a passionate airline geek and travel
- His different careers in the industry and his degree
- Kerwin’s unusual job as competitive intelligence at
- How Kerwin learns a lot – very powerful tip and strategy
- All about Passrider and how it helps those in the industry get
standby flights and how Kerwin turned this into a business.
- Things to consider now when flying and how to best
- How flight prices are being affected
- Different regulations and restrictions in terms of
cancellations and refunds and a handy tip to get a refund even when
the airline doesn’t let you know you can get one!
- Will you lose your mileage points during these current times?
Kerwin weighs in with a few tips.
- The value of chartering private flights right now.
- What about current travel restrictions? Kerwin shares a few
loopholes and discrepancies there.
- What to consider if you do want to go to another country right
- A few possible changes that could occur in the airline
- Kerwin’s new venture: The Black Travel Alliance and its
mission and purpose and how you can help (Future interview episode
dedicated to this!)
- How we can be more conscious and ask better questions
- Why it’s important to get uncomfortable
Other interviews you may love
Source: FS – All-Travel destinations-News
Insights on Flying Now and Current Travel Restrictions with